[pct-l] Heel slippage

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Apr 13 09:45:42 CDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 4:16 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I had the same sort of problem with my 11.5 trail
> runners.  My normal size is 10.  The heel slipped and
> i had a blister on one.  So i got some New Balance
> 810s so i could go bigger more with width and less
> with overall size.  I got an 11 EEEE.  They're not as
> wide as they sound.  They feel good, but so far i
> haven't done more than 10 miles at a time in them.  If
> you want, i'll report on how they're doing by
> Idyllwild or so.

I wore some oversized running shoes on a long hike once and got
terrible blisters from slippage.

I have taken some too-small socks and cut a slit along the toes so my
toes will peep through. And sewn it back together between my big toes
and my little toes to hold in place.

Now my toes have space and my heels are filled with sock. Helps but I
don't know how long the socks will last.