[pct-l] Sizing up on shoes and heel slippage

Jeff Whitmer heynicemarmot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 21:50:33 CDT 2008

I was told it would be a good idea to size up for hiking north from Campo. I
tried on some size 11.5 (I wear a 10.5) trail runners and they felt great
other than the heel which slipped. I know with boots, this would cause
blisters within a few miles. I'm not sure if it does with trail runners or
not. Do I just deal with it until my feet expand more? I know my toes will
expand, my will my heel start to fit better and stop slipping after a while?

For the record, I tried on the exact same shoe that I wore last summer for a
3 week section hike and I loved them, but my shoes didn't fit after about
2.5 weeks! My toes rejoiced at the end of that trip.