[pct-l] Living off the land

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sat Apr 12 14:22:38 CDT 2008

I'm reading "The Last Frontiersman" by James Campbell, and even though
the novel's central character lives in Alaska above the Arctic Circle,
it is really obvious that you need lots of experience living off the
land to do it.  I took a course in college where we learned about edible
plants in the Sierra.  Basically, you'd need to check your book til
you're familiar enough to recognize edible foods, and do a lot of
fishing at dawn and dusk.

Still, it would be really hard thing to live off the land and hike as
well...

Jeff, just Jeff...