[pct-l] Cascade Locks-White Pass Hike

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 11 11:24:08 CDT 2008

TC wrote:

  Anyways, I highly recommend early to mid August.  The flowers at that time of year were just amazing - in some of the meadows on the flanks of Mt. Adams, it was if someone was spraying the air with perfume.  Also, being a local, you know that early to mid August is your best chance for a week of good weather.

Another factor to consider is mosquitoes.  If, as appears likely, the Cascades melt-out will be late this year, then the mosquitoes will be late too.  In a normal year they're usually gone by mid-August.

So, balancing snow and flowers and bugs and weather, I'd vote for the third week of August.  Just my opinion.

Eric