[pct-l] P...on the Trail Pirate

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Apr 11 09:48:27 CDT 2008

Switchback,
That is because you have admirers world wide and ''Trail Pirate Clubs''
are springing up all over the world.
Last year, when I was holed up on top of Mt. Whitney for five days
waiting for you, but you never showed up, I met  ''French Bob'' (trail
name) from Paris.
He comes to the ''Good old USA'' to do his back packing for his
wilderness experience.....it's over crowded and regulated in Europe.
He has  hiked the  PCT,  the Grand Canyon and many other places.
We had a good time together and he told me how he enjoys the comedy on
the PCT-L and how he admires you.
When he departed for Whitney Portal the next morning I told him to look
for you at Trail Camp.
I told him to look for that extremely good looking,  ''Hard Core''
backpacker with the hands free umbrella, fuzzy pink camp slippers and
ankle length morning coat.
He never did find you.....he was very disappointed.

JMT Reinhold