[pct-l] Equinox Ultra lite Bear Bag

Daniel Bailey greenhiker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:45:13 CDT 2008

Hello Kathleen,

I don't have any experience with the Equinox.  Since it's made of ripstop
nylon, it won't be a deterrent to any type of rodent or bear.  You'd also
have to pack some sort of cord and be proficient in hanging your bear bag
properly.

I'd highly recommend the Ursack.  It is simple to use and you only need to
know how to tie an overhand knot in the drawstrings.  If you skip the
aluminum liner, it doesn't weigh much at all and is a great piece of mind,
especially at night.  I carried one on the entire AT and will be carrying
the same one for the entirety of my PCT trip, though I'll be using a bear
canister in the High Sierra.

Be well,

Senator
http://www.trailjournals.com/senator
Kathleen Salmon wrote:
Hello!

Has anyone heard about/used the Equinox Ultra Lite Bear Bag?
(
http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_detail_square.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442586910&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574489160438&bmUID=1207749001210
)

It seems to be new so I'm having trouble finding online reviews.

I'm deciding between carrying that or an Ursack.

The Equinox is $23, 2.2 oz + a 50 foot cord, ripstop nylon

Ursack is $60+, 8oz and indestructible...

Kathleen