[pct-l] Solio solar charger question

stewjohns at comcast.net stewjohns at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 20:08:39 CDT 2008

Laura Fox writes:
D'oh!  I hated the electricity & magnetism portion of my high school
physics class.  AC, DC ... what does some rock band have to do with
my camera battery??

Oh well.  I guess it looks like I could get a car charger for my
camera battery, then the car cigarette lighter attachment for the
Solio, and with that mess it would work.  But that's probably not be
worth the expense and weight.

Also I could get a camera that takes AAs, but I am too picky about
cameras for that.

You alternately could buy a cigarette lighter inverter from Radio Shack and plug that into the cigarette
lighter adaptor for the solio, and plug your charger directly into the output of the inverter.  One less
adaptor to buy, and the inverter only weighs a few ounces.  I have one of these inverters that I use
to run my laptop when I am on the road.  I think I paid $ 50.00 for it.  Since the Solio adapter is a
cigarette lighter adapter also, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems since it has to convert
the output of the Solio into 12v, same as a car battery.

Doc Holiday