[pct-l] Mountain Lions

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 03:24:31 CDT 2008

Amanda writes: One morrning while driving into Big Bear, from the west, a large cat ran across the road in front of me.  The sun was just coming up so I did not get a good look at it, but I think is was a Bobcat.  Needless to say, that day's hike found me quite alert and aware of my surroundings.  Although in truth, it is my understanding that large cats, like other animals, would just as soon avoid humans if they can.
Switchback writes: Yes, there are lots of cats out there.  The ones you really have to be careful about are the Mutant Saber Tooth Mountain Lions around Warner Springs.  They especially like to hang around the Clinton C. Clarke tree to pick off unsuspecting hikers coming down the trail.