[pct-l] April 14th from campo

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat Apr 5 14:13:19 CDT 2008

Getting your bear canister at Kennedy Meadows is a good plan.  There are
people who swear you can get 12+ days of food in the canisters, but for the
life of me I cannot do it with the food I was carrying.  Most hikers will
keep a separate bag for overflow food, of course eating it as quickly as
possible to consolidate into the can at night.  There is a worthwhile
article on fitting food into a bear can, written by Tom Reynolds, at:

http://www.pcta.org/planning/before_trip/health/canistercare.doc

Also, for all you newbies out there, there are excellent planning resources
and FAQs at the PCTA's website:

http://www.pcta.org/planning/before.asp

And most questions have been answered in the archives of the PCT-L:

Best of luck in your planning!

L-Rod