[pct-l] Platypus in the desert?

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 17:35:38 CDT 2008

I've carried up to 4 half-gallon Platipi, all 4 empty and all 4 full, for
over 2,000 miles, including half the PCT - and never had a failure. I do  retire
them when the seams appear to be delaminating. I've also used 5-gallon  wine
bladders as water caches in the Chihuahuan Desert, with only 1 minor leak  -
just leaving them lying on the desert floor under a bush, marked as a  hiker
cache.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

In a message  dated 4/3/2008 9:45:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,