[pct-l] Crocs are too heavy??? one more comment

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 4 16:28:15 CDT 2008

YES!! I agree!! That's why we voted crocs useless gear (heavy, redundant) at
ADZPCTKOP in, I think, 2006.

I have been trying out a new pair of hiking shoes: Nike Free 7.0. They weigh
the same as crocs (wow, that's light for the only pair of shoes on the trail
with me). They are a running trainer without extra support so, in theory,
the runner developes strong, flexible joints and muscles in the feet and
ankles. The weight is in the thick sole that is divided into segments, kind
of articulated. I've worn them on very rocky trail and my soles feel great.
My feet and ankles have paid their dues and don't need extra support.