[pct-l] Trail Injuries

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Apr 4 16:19:46 CDT 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 1:58 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Note for the low budget types - it's not too expensive to zero.
> Camping at the KO, Idyllwild and the wonderful hospitality of Hiker
> Heaven in AD hold the costs of zeroing down.

I'm even older than you are. And I'm a cheapskate. I've been
wondering how necessary it is to take zero days in town. What I mean
is, can't you just pick up your package, load up on a good meal, then
get the heck out of Dodge and take a zero day, or a really low
mileage day, somewhere on the trail? Does anybody ever do that?

Diane