[pct-l] Platypus in the desert?

Jim Keener lists at oldmanwalking.net
Thu Apr 3 22:08:51 CDT 2008

Yes and no.

  . . . gently steps off the fence.

I carried Platypus bottles in 2004. I'm carrying them this year. I did
have problems. I had two older bottles leak. Not from environmental
causes, but from brain seepage. I caused the leaks. If the material
had been stronger, though, there would have been no leaks. Not blaming
the bottles, just stating the facts. Each time I had a problem, there
was someone standing nearby to give me an "extra" one he or she had.
Once at the kickoff, and at Warner Springs.

My experience: if you do carry Platypus bottles and one of them
develops a leak, someone nearby will give you a new one.

A bit more seriously, nothing is foolproof. I like the convenience of
the Platypus bottles.

Jim Keener ( J J )
http://oldmanwalking.net