[pct-l] 8 cy VS 4 cy and seeing the light

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Sep 20 12:01:20 CDT 2007

Reinhold,

I am NOT arguing for or advocating for heavy packs. I appreciate the
benefits of lighter weight gear and am cutting my pack weight as I can.
Nor do I advocate short mileage days. But I do want to stop and enjoy
where I at without always moving on to the next spot.

But read the blogs of at least some of the speed hikers -- lots of talk
about mileage, etc.  little about stopping to take in a view or to be
with nature at a spot.

So, HYOH and I'll hike mine.

See you at ALDHA-W.

Tortoise