[pct-l] Why

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Mon Sep 3 12:51:39 CDT 2007

Good to hear from you Carl and I particularly liked your post. This habit of
people responding to every post with so much negative puzzles me.  Why can't
they just stand on their own merit? Obviously there will be some that create
expressing their opinion, thoughts, interest, etc. Sure we'll all not like
every one, all the time.does that mean a response is necessary? (yeah, I
know, I'll now making a response) I wish this list would allow more posts to
just "be". I reply to less and less for the list is not the high quality of
interest, topics and posters as it once was. Maybe we'd all be better of
just "Let it be; let it be.seeking words of wisdom, let it be".

are we there yet

***************

I don't have a horse in this race, so I'm not taking sides -- just asking a

question...

Folks who think it's nobody's damned business when and where they hike don't

(or shouldn't) sign trail registers, right? Doesn't the very act of signing

a register indicate that you want people to know you were there? Nobody is

required to sign a register, and I hope they never are, whether the

requirement is imposed (and the information retained) by the PCTA, USFS, or

Homeland Security.

I'm also puzzled by Jon's comment about "actors in someone's 'reality

show.'" I've never thought of this forum and its members in those terms.

Don't people read and post on PCT-L because they're interested in what

others are doing on the PCT? I honestly don't mean this to sound as snarky

as I'm sure it will, but, conversely, shouldn't those who do not want to be

"actors in someone's 'reality show'" decline to read and post?

Cheers,

Carl