[pct-l] Pre-planning a thru hike

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Tue Oct 30 22:13:53 CDT 2007

The official requirements for bear canisters are easily findable online

http://www.google.com/search?
hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=USFS+
bear+canister+requirements+sierras&spell=1

The first result gets you to here

http://www.pcta.org/help/join/magazines/FoodStorageMapJuly07.pdf

There are virtually no shelters along the PCT so you'll need to be ok
with what ever you carry be it tarp, tent or neither. I took a tent but
only used it twice from the sierras to northern Washington.