[pct-l] Subject: Confirming Eric D flip-flop

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 14:58:14 CDT 2007

Responding to DR. Bob who asked: Can anyone confirm information about Eric
D? and his flip-flop hike of the PCT?

I picked up Eric D from Campo last Monday, October 22nd.  Eric originally
left Campo on April 23 and reached Canada on July 29th.  My wife and I thru
hiked the PCT this summer and saw Eric D in Oregon in August heading south.
We were with hikers who actually started with Eric in April and who saw him
at many different places along the way, both up and back.  Is that
confirmation enough?  Eric does not desire any fuss, but for a little more
info about his hike and for a picture of him after a post-hike shower to go:
http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=210431

Scout and Frodo(Barney and Sandy Mann)