[pct-l] Hiking Alone

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 28 00:55:32 CDT 2007

I have been hiking alone along the southern portion of the PCT for the past three years.  I have spent a good number of nights alone while on the trail.  My observation is that there is more danger walking a city street than on the trail.  Oh you may come upon the occasional rattle snake or wild bear.  Nether of those are as dangerous as city foke generally think.  As to dangerous people on the trail.  I haven't seen any.  As a rule, it is a lot of trouble to go out onto the trail and most gang members and rapists can find easier pray than going to all that trouble.

  Amanda