[pct-l] 10,000 acre fire in Agua Dulce w/evacuations

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 00:39:03 CDT 2007

I am not getting a lot of accurate beta on this fire called the "Canyon Fire" but from TV NEWS hysteria ....... this fire is in the neighborhoods, many are evacuating some stubborn ones are NOT, structures have been burned and horses are being left to run up in the hills.  Socal has not much good news today.  Hiker Heaven and their community has been in my thoughts today and hope to hear from Donna & Jeff soon.

  SB

David Plotnikoff <david at emeraldlake.com> wrote:
  Hello from a long-time list lurker. I'm not having any luck online
finding a good map of the rapidly-growing Agua Dulce fire, but it
could be very close to Hiker Heaven. The latest reports say
evacuations of neighborhoods near Vasquez Rocks are happening or
could be eminent. It's a very emergent situation, with five separate
wildfires taxing resources in the region. As many of you recall,
there is no civic water infrastructure as such in the unincorporated
area, so presumably no fire hydrants either.

I sent Donna Saufley an e-mail earlier this afternoon and haven't
heard back. When I do, I'll pass along what I hear. Has anyone else
tried to contact them to make sure they're safe?

DP

http://mail.yahoo.com