[pct-l] 10,000 acre fire in Agua Dulce w/evacuations

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Sun Oct 21 20:55:59 CDT 2007

Hello from a long-time list lurker. I'm not having any luck online
finding a good map of the rapidly-growing Agua Dulce fire, but it
could be very close to Hiker Heaven. The latest reports say
evacuations of neighborhoods near Vasquez Rocks are happening or
could be eminent. It's a very emergent situation, with five separate
wildfires taxing resources in the region. As many of you recall,
there is no civic water infrastructure as such in the unincorporated
area, so presumably no fire hydrants either.

I sent Donna Saufley an e-mail earlier this afternoon and haven't
heard back. When I do, I'll pass along what I hear. Has anyone else
tried to contact them to make sure they're safe?

DP