[pct-l] Hunters! Now Tracks

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:31:28 CDT 2007

I got out for a short 10 miler yesterday on Blanchard Mountain, between
Anacortes and Bellingham WA.  Anyway, horses are allowed there and
mountain bikes.  I was walking along just minding my own business when I
happened upon the biggest horse tracks I've ever seen not pulling a beer
wagon.  They must have been 12" wide!  I thought sure there was a Morgan
or Clydesdale up on that mountain somewhere.  As I was taking a break on
the way down, a group of 3 horses passed me.  Yep, the third one had the
biggest feet I've ever seen on a horse although the horse herself was of
modest stature.  Sure was strange looking - like a horse with scrawny
legs and snowshoes!  I'm pretty sure it was a horse, it didn't look like
a llamma or an elk and there was a guy riding her.  I guess this could
either be filed in the 'strange stuff seen on the trail' or the 'who
gives a scat' file.  C