[pct-l] ASDHA-West

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 13 17:20:03 CDT 2007

Tortoise writes: I don't know if I qualify, but I want to be  a charter
member of the ASDHA-West. As such I will be exempt from initiation  fees and first
years due and get a 50% discount on renewals and a 50% discount  as a senior;
therefore I will actually just write you a check for $0.00 each  year for my
dues.

However I may go too far, such as actually hiking a few  miles once in a
while. Hope there is a little slack in the rules  enforcement.

Switchback replies: Yes, since you are my pal, I will waive the $100  yearly
dues to the American Short-Distance Hiker's Association - West.  In  fact, for
the holiday season about to be upon us, I will waive the yearly fees  until
December 31.  Of course, I cannot stop hikers from sending me holiday  gifts as
a token of their appreciation.  For example, you sent me some  pictures of
the recent ALDHA-West Gathering.

This brings up a good point.  Since I am going to go to Warner Springs
Resort with my very better half of 36-years in November or early December, this
would be a great place to hold our yearly Gathering.  We would hold it  right
after the April Kickoff at Lake Morena.  This would be too  cool.

Thru Hikers, Kickoff visitors, SoCal hiking clubs, and regular guests at  the
resort.  We would have visits to the Clinton C. Clarke tree, which I
discovered on the PCT Warner Springs Loop this year (campsite #22).   Warner Springs
Monty could give a presentation on light weight hiking.   There would be a
golf tournament too. Of course, we would emphasize to bring  your life partner to
this event too - even Female Leadership Terminator  types.  There is horse
back riding, golf, hot springs pools, massages,  pedicures, etc. at the resort.
May be we would even do a little hiking  from Barrel Springs and the Warner
Springs Loop and help thru hikers, but we  would not want that to interfere
with our goofing off.

Remember our motto, "Goof Off R Us."

I thank you.

Switchback the Trail Party Animal