[pct-l] Excess Information Gathering on Hikers

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Fri Oct 12 15:56:13 CDT 2007

To a large extent I agree with Scott. I do not personally think of it as a privacy issue for when your out and about on such a public location; talking with many other hikers and maybe Trail Angel and/or shop owners, etc., I do not believe there would be a legal issue about confidentially...it just doesn't exist.

Be that as it may, too much information to too many people, can be a hazard. I agree with Scott that it might result in un-necessary reports to miscellaneous organizations. Reminds me of the syndrome   "Let me Help!"   which I unfortunately can fall into myself. I go either that extreme or I totally ignore the situation! Take your pick if you're hiking with/around me!

I too would recommend holding off any action with any agency till there is more confirmation that just you not being sure.

are we there yet