[pct-l] sexy men / Switchback's PCT fuzzy pink slippers

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Nov 30 14:04:42 CST 2007

Paul,
What you are describing sounds more like Switchback's form of  ''slack
packing'' or roughing it in the wilderness.
You know Switchback, he is hard-core, comes from the old school of
thought, no short cuts for Switchback....he believes in earning his stripes.
That is why he is carrying his own day pack, he believes in carrying his
own weight unlike some other hikers that will have their wifes or girl
friends carry the heavy loads.
I hope this clears up the confusion.

JMT Reinhold

Paul wrote......I thought a ''slack packer'' was someone that sent the
heavy pack on ahead in a car /truck/HGV and hiked in a day pack...Am I
wrong here?