[pct-l] California dreamin'

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 21:08:20 CST 2007

All-

How bout some help on this one?  The help can be off list if you'd rather.  Here it is:

As an intensive care nurse, as of today, I have job offers in 3 different cities in CA.  They are:  Arcata, Chico, and Fresno.  I know nothing about any of them.  The assignment would be for 13 weeks.  My priorities are:  proximity to the PCT and other glorious trails, outdoorsy atmosphere and local beauty, warm temps, mountains not too far away, safe area, clean, fun and a heavy dose of "coolness".

This would be a wonderful way for me to get the heck out of Michigan for the worst of the winter months, be able to hike for a few months on my days off, try out the whole hiking with dog thing and maybe even get a jump on my thru.  I've printed out info from the net, but as you know, you can only glean so much from that source....not the same as being there.  So if any one has any firsthand knowledge of those areas, please drop a line.  Just for the record, I'm leaning toward Arcata cuz it's small, but Chico looks closer to the trail!  Help!

Wheeew