[pct-l] Thank You to evryone

roni h roni_h3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 18:09:09 CST 2007

Hey evryone.

  I finely landed here in Tel-Aviv Yesterday, and as I have been out of the p.c.t. loop for the last 3 months (I was hiking a section of the northen A.T.), there a few topics I wanted to raise, and only now seem to have a chance.

  First, I feel I have a  huge debt of gratitude to all those trailangels who have helped me this Year on my Mexico -> Columbia-river section hike of the PCT.

  I noticed this Year a higher sence of entitlment from many thruhiker towards trail-magic than I saw in 2003 . One way this sense of entitlment manifested itself  is in the fact that it seemed to me that many more hikers were trying to get rides to the trail from trailangels, when they could have tried to hitch or get public transportation. At least this was my impression from my limited observations.
  I figure that though this increase of sense of entitlment is negative, its cause is positive - compared to my 2003 thruhike, this Year trail-magic was much more abundent.  As I learned on the A.T. , if You find trail-magic for days in a raw, You often tend to think Your entitled to it. It's the wrong atitude, but a natural and somewhat understandable one.
  (There's nothing like hiking off season to help You regain gratitude for what little trail-magic You get).

  In hind-site, I'm wondering If I myself have inadvertendly showed a sense of entitlment and lack of gratitude to the many people who helped me.  Due to my strange hiking style, I sometimes left trail-angels places in the middle of the night, without properly saying good by and thanking them.
  So I'll take this late oppertunity to do so:

   THANKS FOR EVERY ONE WHO HELPED ME!  YOU HAVE MADE MY HIKE SO MUCH BETTER.

  Roni (in Israel)

  I feel I haven't