[pct-l] Illegal food storage fines

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 15:44:44 CST 2007

sheilaquinlan at hotmail.com writes:

I think it's probably an okay risk to take in my opinion, just make  sure you
have your PCT permit to back up the fact that you're a thru  hiker.

In 2000 hiking north in northern Yosemite I ran into a  ranger that asked if
I knew how to counter balance.  Why sure I  did.  It's a good thing he didn't
ask if I had rope.  He also asked  if I had a permit.  Why sure I did, but not
on me!  I explained I  had left it behind but, if he wanted to check, I was
probably in the PCTA data  base.

If I hike the PCT next year I'll probably bite the  bullet, if only to have a
nice seat at camp.

Sly