[pct-l] Ultra lite Turkey

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 23:57:42 CST 2007

Your answers are a lot funnier than my questions Jim!  Thank you for "dressing" it up.........ooooooo, booooooo

So since we're on a "roll"  (ooooo, another one!!!).......Is turkey fat an effective mosquito repellent?  How about deodorant???

I hope if anyone answers these questions they get their "just desserts"!!

Wheeew

enyapjr at comcast.net wrote:  Since the questions asked 'could' be PCT hiking related...

 -Has anyone ever carried a fully cooked turkey on the trail?
 Not too far, but it was a large Tom - so it probably weighed much more than your dog...
 Why carry it (the turkey)? - check pct-l archives regarding "trail chickens"...  Let the turkey hike his own hike!

-Has anyone ever tried to hike while wearing turkeys instead of shoes?
 No - never could catch the second one after putting the first one on...

-Does anyone know where I can get an ultra lite turkey?
 I don't think any of the freeze-dry companies do whole turkeys (if they did, it would probably cost $250!)...

-Are there any dangerous turkeys on the trail?  If so, where?
 Don't think so, but definitely watch for cranky partridge and dive-bombing falcons and hawks, etc. ...

-Will a turkey provide shade or can it be used as shelter in an emergency?
 Depends how many feathers it is willing to share with you...

-Do turkeys in a tent attract bear?
 Yes, especially if it's a Butterball...

-What is the proper procedure for glisading while riding a turkey?
 Make sure the turkey doesn't catch or dig in one of its spurs - you'll flip out of control!...

-Will my turkey need a passport to get in to Canada?
 No, but it will definitely need one to return to the USA - might be a bad omen for the turkey's role in the Manning 'celebration'...

-If you stuff a turkey with week-old hiker socks, will the turkey vaporize?
 No, but it will definitely have a very distinctive 'gamey' taste - plus the many leftovers will go 'bad' much faster!

 Happy Thanksgiving to all!
 Happy trails!!!
 Jim