[pct-l] olive oil

Linda Bakkar lbakkar at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:57:18 CST 2007

I am hiking the PCT in 2008, and I have a different kind of question.  I
want to add olive oil to most of my dinners along the way.  Do I need to
carry a quantity of olive oil as I go?  Can I use a smaller container and
send a bigger one in the bounce box to refill the smaller one?  (I am hoping
to use only a few post offices along the way.)  Can I get smaller quantities
of olive oil along the way?  (I don't know if that is possible or not.)  For
long-distance hikers who have used olive oil as a staple, how did you make
that happen?

Thanks!

Lindy