[pct-l] Adding trails/waypoint to Google Earth

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 21 13:13:01 CST 2007

Where are the waypoints that you want to load now? Did you download them onto a computer? Two programs that are standard tools for working with waypoints are GPSBABEL and EASYGPS. Both are free (Google will find them).

Try downloading EASYGPS. You can enter waypoints and or load several formats of mapping files. If you have your waypoints stored in a file that EASYGPS doesn't support use GPSBABEL to convert the file to a .gpx file. EASYGPS will upload to your GPS (if you want the waypoints back on your GPS) or save them as .gpx files. As Lon said, Google Earth will read gpx files as well as its own kml files.

Ken
(who is learning lots about moving waypoints, routes, and tracks between various programs and systems)