[pct-l] conditioning

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Nov 16 17:29:08 CST 2007

It's raining, it's raining,
but this old man is not snoring,
at least not all the time.

Up here in Crescent City CA we have rain today, a gentle steady rain and
about 55ºF.
So I put on my heavy Capilene shirt and fleece vest and my Marmot Precip
rain wear and went for a walk -- about 1 mile. This walk is both a test
of this clothing system to keep me warm and dry and conditioning my
attitude to hike in the rain.

If and when I hike he PCT, especially north of here, I want to be ready
both with gear and mental attitude to hike in the rain. So today is a
step in getting ready. My attitude did great. The back of my head got
wet from rain leaking thru but I can't see any holes in the parka. What
gives? Any ideas?

But let me recommend to all prospective PCT hikers that you do some of
your conditioning in cold wet weather to test your gear, and condition
you attitude and mind set for hiking in this weather.

--
Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>