[pct-l] peanut butter, caffeine, war and lurking

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 16:38:48 CST 2007

Merrikay-

I spent 14 years suffering with "chronic fatigue syndrome" (confirmed by lab tests) before tossing caffeine out of my diet.  My health improved immediately, by at least 50 %.   We think that caffeine is not affecting our sleep patterns.  Wrong again.  When I gave up caffeine, I slept the "sleep of the dead' for a week or two.  I couldn't believe the difference.  And of course, without proper sleep, the body cannot function or heal or fight illness effectively.

During my thru on the AT in 91, (and before my caffeine enlightenment) I spent the first month of hiking with raging headaches and such fatigue that I felt like I was going to fall asleep right in the middle of the trail.  Little did I know it was withdrawal from my wicked use, abuse and dependence on caffeine.

I'm so glad you're off the stuff!  Congrats!

Merrikay Boylan <mkboylan at hotmail.com> wrote:    .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }
             The powdered peanut butter is pretty good.  I add it to other stuff for flavor and extra protein, like pudding, drinks, etc.  I'm also trying to reproduce nutella in a healthier form.

 I think getting off of caffeine is one of the things that has increased my energy more than anything else I have done.  That said, you mean Muir got through without chocolate covered espresso beans?

 If we are going to talk about war, I'm going to talk about impeachment.  THAT said, I think I will go back to lurking.
 However, if you want to do something for vets today, check out www.anysoldier.com
 and send them something.  Like a kevlar vest perhaps, or some, oh I don't know, clean water?