[pct-l] Shoes

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 17:58:45 CST 2007

Hi Kent,

I saw your post on the PCT-L about shoes. I don't
think I ever got resubscribed after the server went
down or whatever- so I can't post to the list, I just
lurk. But if you want to post this, that's fine.

I second Mags comments about Montrails- I got my first
pair while hiking the AT- and I have been wearing them
ever since. I am on pair 6? I think. I typically get
500-600 miles out of a pair- at some point, my feet
start to hurt more and I know it's time for new shoes.
 Some folks can wear them til they fall apart, but
once all the cushioning starts to break down I want
new ones.

I don't like the Hardrocks personally- tho a lot of
folks do. I supinate (roll outward) pretty badly- so I
wear the Montrail Vitesse.  It has a little knobby
dealy on the outside of the foot that controls that
some. I have tried on other models of Montrails and
other brands, but I haven't found anything that feels
as natural to my foot as the Vitesse. so if it ain't
broke...

anyway- my two cents!

Doodlebug