[pct-l] O.d. Coyote

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 09:11:35 CST 2007

Amen, Roger!

The loss of O.D. and his unique intellect is a negative for the LDH community. It takes a unique personality type to embrace long distance hiking in the first place; one willing to break away from the pack mentality of modern life. With that comes a variety of viewpoints, idiosyncracies, and passions. That said, we as a group should be better able to appreciate and tolerate those than could the general population.

I too have (somewhere) preserved my copy of "The Slackpacker Journals" and a few other works O.D. made available to ALDHA-West members. Very interesting reading, especially for those with a love of logic and philosophy.

Wandering Bob