[pct-l] Much worse than cards in magazines

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:10:12 CDT 2007

Join the Sierra club and you'll never need to print another address label.

As soon as I joined the Sierra Club I started receiving tons of junk mail.  I must receive about one envelope a week (52 per year) from a variety of "Conservation" related organizations asking for money.
These things weigh up to 1/2 pound each.  10-15 pounds of dead tree material a year.  That's a lot of trees put in our mail boxes in the name of conservation.

Well, 1/3 of them come with sheets of address labels printed with my name and address on them.  I haven't had to print address labels for a very long time.

With all this, though I think I might be wrong, I've come to believe that the Sierra Club's main function is to ask its members for money and to help many more organizations ask them for money too.  If it wasn't for being involved with a lot of really cool hikes, outings and other outdoor stuff with a lot of really great people, friends......................................... yes, I just renewed my membership.  Kill a tree for me, too.

Monty