[pct-l] Squall classic, Gossamer

rizzo rizzo rizzo1riz at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 19:57:02 CDT 2007

Has anyone used this year o7, thru's,,, or at all, used the Gossamer,
Squall Classic that he tweeked a little w/ shires, to reduce the weight
some,, Trying to get away from the rainbow,  just wondering, and any
breakage w/ the poles Gossamer sells? Comments? See I wanted to use
this Squall classic w/ the poles, the no Sniver by jacks are better,
and a mariposa for my pack,  Using a poncho tent in the deserts till
keneddy, then switching to the Classic for the mesqito riden sierra  ,
on thru till mid ore, then poncho tarpin it till the summit house @I-90
in WA, switching again to the classic,, any thoghts on this game plane
for the basics , bag,sleeping, and shelter bouncing Idea,,  I am
familer with the northern end of the Pct, from timothy lake on thru the
goat rocks and white pass to 90, summit, till hwy 2 that's why i think
i can poncho tarp it from mid Ore to mid WA/ in Aug,but no later than sept 15th,
when the rains seem to be more frequent ,, or should I save the money
on the poncho, and just rock the squall classic the whole way, it does
way 1.5 pounds, and i figuer rocking a poncho tarp would save space and
weight in the desert for more water, and would help reduce wear on the
tents since there'll be outta use here and there,,     Rizzo Seattle WA