[pct-l] Underwear

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:22:59 CDT 2007

In the Army we were issued thick polypros and thin polypros -- both
stunk UNBELIEVABLY after only two or three days in the field. It was
unbearable. To this day it's the worse smell I've ever experienced,
week-old polypros. Of course, they didn't have ANY antibac properties
or any of the stuff that newer thermal baselayers have, they were just
generic polypropylene undergarments.

I generally bring a couple pair of cotton underwear (I don't wear long
underwear or undershirts -- I pretty much never get cold so I don't
need them), usually boxers and one pair of synthetics that I swear
only should the conditions turn wet. I keep my underwear separate from
my outerwear with zip-locks, so the stick doesn't spread so bad until
I can get to the laundry.