[pct-l] southern oregon border conditions help

Judson judsonwb at jeffnet.org
Wed May 30 18:32:10 CDT 2007

 Past Mt. Ashland is  not the way to drive there, imho. Instead go through
Jacksonville up toward Applegate Lake. About 1/2 way there is a forest road
to the left allowing much easier access to the border. I can give you more
specific directions if you require.  Not only is the way past Mt. Ashland
usually closed by snow until the 1st week of July, it's also slower because
you're on dirt for a lot longer.

 For info on snow on road 20, you might try calling the Ashland Ranger
Station at (541) 552-2900.