[pct-l] No Cal current Trail/snow conditions???

Judson judsonwb at jeffnet.org
Mon May 14 23:08:36 CDT 2007

The one time I did that section was in June. There was about 2 mi.of continuous snow in the Mushroom Rock vicinity. The trail was very difficult to find, so I stopped trying. But the drifts were >10 feet deep in places, and it was slow going- lots of ups and downs, avoiding tree wells, falling into tree wells, writing last will and testament while trapped in tree wells, etc.

A much bigger problem- well, problems...
  a.. poison oak- huge amounts at lower elevations
  b.. overgrown trail- needed a periscope to find your way on the private logging lands
  c.. blowdowns-a-go-go- >100 in the whole section- of course, that was in June
As for current conditions, or if it's any better maintained than it used to be, dunno.

Judson
Ashland