[pct-l] The good old camera questions...

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 11:22:29 CDT 2007

I just purchased the Canon S3 IS - for a friend and am very pleased.  4 AA, IS, 12X zoom, fairly light,  good glass, buttons instead of menu for options ----- GREAT CHOICE - and I am a pro-photographer.  The Nikon cool pix I purchased for my father and he is displeased with the viewscreen in bright light, the little flash, and the menu options,  but loves the size.

  SB

Moynihan <mary.moynihan at gmail.com> wrote:
  Well, I have taken all of the advice, looked at some cameras in the shops/
online. Its down to three, maybe I could get some more feedback and
hopefully be on my way:

Nikon Coolpix S4 (I would be sold on this if it had image stabilization, but
perhaps it will do just fine anyways?)

Canon A710 (I don't know if I can see myself spending the money to upgrade
from my existing camera when it is 6X opt 4X dig zoom compared to my 3X opt
4X dig zoom)

Canon Powershot S3 IS (this is 14 oz without the 4 AA batteries, it is a
beast, yes, but the floor model proved impressive, anyone with some input on
this camera?)

Hoping to get out of this ongoing camera quest
~Spirit
unsubscribe or change options: