[pct-l] cameras

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Fri Mar 23 01:45:45 CDT 2007

I'm not taking a digi along, I can't afford to buy *more* stuff with all
the gear to purchase for the trip in front of me. My one and only treat
to myself will be taking my 35 mm camera along, as I have on nearly
every hiking trip I have ever been on. It's a heavy dog at a bit over a
pound, but I won't accept less when it comes to my pictures, and I love
its versatility. Thank goodness film and its batteries are still
lightweight. =-)  I do alot of photography though, so this sacrifice in
weight-- and to me it will be a major one--is going to be well worth it.
Probably be film in every resupply box I get, eh? *hehe*

A 9 oz camera isn't that bad. If you have the money to spend, go for
it.If you don't have the money, I wouldn't fret it.  Go to a camera shop
and get the best/lightest you can afford to get, with the highest
mega-pixel rating you can get. You won't be disappointed when you get
home, is all I can say. Make sure you get enough cards to do the trip
and enough batteries to make it through the hike. Ask and see if they
have ultra heavy duty batteries for it, even if the ones it comes with
are rechargeables. Sometimes they have longer lasting ones. Check the
mHa rating on any rechargeable.. the higher the rating, the longer it
will last, in the field.
 Most of all, have fun!! Isn't this what its all about?

Peace out!
Ronnie Jo