[pct-l] Returned Packages

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 21 21:22:19 CDT 2007

There is no definitive answer because each post office is run differently.
Most post offices along the trail understand and will hold packages marked
for hikers for more than the minimum 2 weeks. Some hold them until the
season is over. There are some POs with limited storage like Mt Laguna or
Warner Springs where you want to limit the time the package sits there.
PO's in larger cities may be stricter with the 2 week minimum. Make sure
you mark on the package that you're a PCT hiker, along with your expected
arrival time. My experience was that I never had a package sent back when I
was late picking it up.

Frank Dumville