[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Wed Mar 21 02:15:37 CDT 2007

What, never? Ever?

What if rangers were given the power to shoot you on sight, would you
consider it then? What abut if they could confiscate any food not in
a canister?

Or what about a *slightly* more likely possibility. You're camping
somewhere in the sierras next to to a nice young lady in an identical
tent. You both cooked dinner miles and miles away, she then packed
her stuff into a canister and you did not. That night a bear smells
the food under your head, tears in through your tent, swipes the food
and gets stuck in. "Mmmmm" he thinks "these nylon pods are chewy on
the inside, I love them, hey look there's another". He then tears
into tent number two, the nice young lady comes face to paw with a
400 lb beast high on your sugary delights and with one quick swipe he
removes her ear, and eye, and enough of her nose to stop her ever
smelling anyones food again.

Are you really saying that after this, after your food brings a bear
into a camp where other people are doing there best to prevent it and
the consequences you are so quickly throwing aside come down on the
innocents, even then you wouldn't carry a canister?

~Craig