[pct-l] friends joining you on the trail?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:51:51 CDT 2007

weekend warrior backpackers to
> join me on?
>
> Specifically,  we were looking around crater lake?

My favorite:

OLD PCT north from Lake of the Woods entered from the back of a dirt parking
lot on the north side of 140 (not well marked otherwise)area through the Sky
Lakes Wilderness, eventually up, follow, then pass over the PCT back into
alternate routes till you eventually reach Stuart Falls.  Twice I've spent a
half day there and camped.  From there it's three miles back up to the PCT
then six more miles north to Cater Lake (Hwy 62).

Also, the first solo backpacking I ever did was in the Three Sisters
Wilderness  (A bit north of Crater Lake).   I got lost on a snow covered
trail, lost my map, fell through the ice (in cotton jeans) and only had a
rainfly................ Couldn't wait to do it again. (Obsidian Falls, on
the PCT,  is pretty cool).

Detailed maps are nice for these.

Warner Springs Monty