[pct-l] Heat rash issues, and ventelation.

The Mountain Goat themtgoat at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 23:45:20 CDT 2007

Both of these posts are really good. I don't usually comment on this sort of
thing, since I am more likely to get cracks in on my fingers or on my toes,
than to have sweating issues, or heat rashes...
 but since we are talking about getting good air circulation.

I loved these pants on the PCT in 2005. And since they are on sale, perhaps
you would be interested. They have a built in underwear, that is fairly well
ventalated. They also have shorts on sale to....
ExOfficio Amphi Pants
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&catalogId=40000008001&storeId=8001&partNumber=756761&memberId=-2000&link=1&source=9039

-Mountain Goat-

Jeffrey Olson      jolson at olc.edu
     Sun Mar 18 20:46:09 CST 2007
I disagree about wearing spandex tights - they tend to hold in the
moisture.  I wore them for two years and got rashes I fought until I got
rid of the tights.  Cotton would be better if you want to wear tight
shorts.  They breathe while spandex/nylon didn't for me.

The main thing is to have air moving through the nether regions.  Wash
at least once a day and use anti-bacterial handiwipes once a day, more
if a problem starts to develop.  Wash a couple times a day.  I beat back
rash encoachment by rinsing the groin area every couple hours and
handiwipin before bed...

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD, where there ain't no mountains.