[pct-l] April 1 start date? On your mark, get set....Yogi!

The Mountain Goat themtgoat at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 23:23:42 CDT 2007

And now we edge closer and closer to it.
Could it be, the Day of reckoning is the realistic start date?

The Sierra's are normally the determining factor. If the weather is clear, on April 1st, you might make your run for it. If not, just wait for the weather patterns to break.

Yogi, looks like you picked a good year to go :-)

-Mountain Goat-

Suzanne Courteau      wishfrog at gmail.com
     Tue Mar 13 13:30:30 CST 2007
---------------------------------

Hola, hikers!

You can never be sure about the weather, but I really don't think
we're going to get significant precip in what's left of March, or
April. We MAY get a little rain up here in the SF Bay Area, but SoCal,
I think you're done. Why? Because Eureka is about average this year,
San Francisco is below average, and Los Angeles is bone-dry. (check
out http://www.weather.gov/climate/index.php):

Eureka
29.66 (this year)
29.72 (normal)
47.42 (last year)

San Francisco
10.13 (this year)
16.66 (normal)
18.13 (last year)

Los Angeles
2.42! (this year)
12.25 (normal)
7.88 (last year)

If I was section-hiking or thru-hiking this year, I'd head out early April.

Suzanne Courteau
"Bedouin"