[pct-l] Mt Whitney meet up with friends

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 20:32:53 CDT 2007

In a message dated 3/15/2007 9:14:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com writes:

I have a  couple friends who are thinking of meeting me on trail and
summiting Mt  Whitney, yes I know about the permit thing and they are both in
very good  hiking/climbing shape already. My questions are: Where would they
meet me?  and How would they get there without driving their own  vehicle?

You could meet at Horseshoe Meadows campground or on the PCT at Trail or
Cottonwood Pass.  It would take a two days to get to Whitney but it should  be
easy for them to get a permit approaching from the West.  They could  hitch from
Lone Pine or find a shuttle.  It's 25 miles by road to the  campground.  A
2.5 mile hike to Trail Pass, from the campground, and 29  miles to Whitney.

Sly