[pct-l] Mt Whitney meet up with friends

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:14:05 CDT 2007

I have a couple friends who are thinking of meeting me on trail and
summiting Mt Whitney, yes I know about the permit thing and they are both in
very good hiking/climbing shape already. My questions are: Where would they
meet me? and How would they get there without driving their own vehicle?

I ask where, because having read many websites, journals and looking at
maps, it seems that I'll be going by Mt Whitney on one side and all the
literature says to go to Lone Pine, blah, blah, blah. But is my going to
Lone Pine going to be the easiest to meet up with them??

Thanks for any suggestions!
Tammy T.