[pct-l] RayWay Quilt - how much wider should we make it?

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Thu Mar 15 19:55:32 CDT 2007

I am assuming your quilt has the "draft stopper" feature.  I think that is
the only way they come now.

I think it is important to confirm that Ray and Jenny have not changed the
instructions to aleady accommodate a slightly wider result.  They may have
changed the instructions based on feedback.  The old instructions have you
take a width measurement that starts and ends right at the ground.  In other
words, the instructions showed a measurement of width that measures from the
ground, up and over you two, and back to the ground without any "extra"
along the ground.

I would alter the measurement on a single person quilt to include about an
inch and a half more on each side (3"s wider total).  On a two person quilt
I would add two inches to each side.

I would also add three inches to the length.  The foot pocket tends to use
up couple inches on the length.  In addition, when it gets really chilly it
is nice to have the extra bit on the top to really tuck it down around the
neck.

I hope that us useful.  I love my ray way quilts.

BillB