[pct-l] Oregon

Terry Griffin griffint at pobox.com
Mon Mar 12 21:34:51 CDT 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 3:48:15 pm Brian Forestell wrote:
> I understand that there are some trails in Oregon which link some of the
> major cities to the PCT.  Does anyone know anything about the link from
> Portland to the PCT?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Brian
>

> ------------------------------

I know of no such trail. I think about the best you could do is to take the
Columbia Gorge Trail starting at Bridal Veil. If you want to get on the PCT
southbound then take a right at Eagle Creek. If you are northbound then stay
on the Columbia Gorge Trail and join the PCT at Cascade Locks.

To get to Bridal Veil from Portland ... hmm ... well you could get as far as
Troutdale using public transport. Then it's about 13 miles along I-84 from
Troutdale to Bridal Veil.

The long term plan for Columbia Gorge Trail is to extended it from Portland
to Hood River. I'm guessing the starting point from the Portland end would
be the Sandy River at Troutdale.

Terry